At Q Associates, we understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website and take your privacy seriously. We will take every reasonable precaution to safeguard the personal information you supply to us and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
Q Associates Ltd is the data controller of the website and is registered with UK Information Commissioner (Registration Number: Z5855333). We comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down by the General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR) 2018 to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully. No personal information is publicly accessible.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the UK GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in section 13 and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- What Data Do We Collect?
When you register with us, we will collect your details in order to process yours, or your organisations application. We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data (see our Cookies Policy https://www.qassociates.co.uk/cookie-policy/ for more information.
- Company or organisation name;
- Job Title;
- Contact information such as addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information, such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP Address;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site and the site you exit to.
You may notify us of any updates, amendments or corrections to your previously collected information by contacting us via the Get in Touch section on this website. You may at any time de-register your details by using the opt-out button on this website, via a phone call or on the email material you receive.
- How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the UK GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account, including carrying out basic checks to ensure that your details are genuine and to prevent fraudulent use of finances;
- Supplying our products, services and relevant information to you (please note that we require your business contact data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into or have a legitimate interest to receive (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by unsubscribing);
- To evaluate and enhance the provision of our commercial activities through Market research, which may involve a Q Associates representative contacting you.
With your permission or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and features on our products and services and events. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the UK GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- How And Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
- What Information Do We Disclose?
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates and partners. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a government authority.
Q Associates may use resident cookies to store data on your hard disk for the purpose of identifying you when you return to our website. Cookies do not attach to your system or damage your files. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
All Cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
We take every reasonable precaution to protect our user’s information with the aid of encryption software. We will use reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us via the Internet. We are not responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information which is outside our control.
- Contact Details
If you have any queries regarding this policy, please contact us via the Get in Touch section of the website. Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.
Data Protection Officer
16th April 2021