NetApp Announce EF560 & E5600!
February 16, 2015
Widely recognised as a leading provider of enterprise-class NAS and SAN storage technologies, NetApp is proud to announce a new generation of Flash Storage delivering industry leading price-performance.
The EF560 all-flash array
The EF560 delivers performance and efficiency that drives new standards in SAN price-performance. The EF560’s consistent latency, bandwidth and IOPS make it an ideal fit for applications such as high performance databases, online transaction processing (OLTP) and real-time analytics. Based on a recent Storage Performance Council SPC-1 result, the all-flash EF560 recently achieved the highest recorded SPC-1 price-performance for all-flash arrays with an average response time of under one millisecond.
The new E5600 hybrid array
The E5600 is designed for enterprise-class SAN applications combining both solid state drive technology (SSD’s) and conventional SAS (performance optimized) and NL-SAS (capacity optimized) disk drives. It is ideal for databases, analytics, backup, and other workloads for which price-performance optimisation is essential.
NetApp has also announced the SteelStore cloud-integrated storage appliance, designed to enable the secure, efficient backup and archive of data across both private and public cloud environments.
The SteelStore cloud-integrated storage appliance:
- Combines local and cloud storage infrastructures for fast restore and offsite protection
- Supports all major backup software and public cloud providers
- Offers secure protection for data at rest and in flight using FIPS 140-2 certified encryption
- Acts as a SMB/ NFS on premise gateway which can push high data volumes to extremely cost effective cloud storage such as Amazon S3 and Glacier.
- Scales to an effective capacity of 28PB per appliance.
If you would like to find out more, simply click below.