Build firm digital foundations with VMware’s future-ready technology
September 8, 2021
VMware offers a range of innovative solutions to help organisations manage complex IT infrastructures, build system resiliency and adapt in the face of disruption.
The function of IT has changed tremendously in recent years. Once small teams tasked with ‘keeping the lights on’ have evolved into large, business-critical functions made up of multi-skilled specialists with the weight of the organisation on their shoulders.
And what a weight it is. Today, many organisations turn to IT as the first port of call when an issue appears or business demands change. The sheer diversity of modern technology solutions available makes IT well equipped to solve today’s business challenges. At the same time, that responsibility presents IT managers with operational challenges of their own.
- How can they support the breadth and scale of technology solutions on their servers?
- How can they manage and secure the infrastructure effectively?
- How can they achieve this while keeping their IT costs down?
Since 1998, US-based cloud computing and virtualisation software provider VMware has existed to help organisations solve these challenges. Leveraging innovative virtual machine technology, it has enabled IT teams around the world to build the trusted digital foundations they need to adapt in times of — and transform without — disruption.
But who exactly is VMware? What are virtual machines and how does VMware’s virtualisation software actually help IT teams to improve efficiencies and reduce costs?
If you’re making the case for virtualisation, download our free guide for IT leaders and discover how to reduce costs, improve business continuity and boost efficiency.
Who is VMware?
VMware is one of several leaders within the server virtualisation space. A part of the Dell Technologies family, it earned its reputation after becoming the first commercially successful company to virtualise the x86 architecture on which so many organisations run today.
At a time when agility, resilience and the move to the cloud have never been more important, VMware has developed several solutions to help organisations build and manage these core competencies across their IT environments. The result is greater efficiencies, lower IT risk, reduced costs, and a suite of future-ready technology around which organisations from a wide range of industries and sectors can reliably scale and grow.
App modernisation. Multi-cloud services. Enhanced networking. Anywhere workspaces. Layered security systems and Telco cloud capabilities. VMware’s virtualisation technology puts all these solutions within reach, making IT simpler and less costly to own and operate.
But what actually is it and how does it help organisations to build a solid digital foundation?
VMware is holding its massive ‘Multi-Cloud Event’ in October. Click here for more details about the topics and agenda.
To keep pace with today’s high storage and processing demands, many organisations end up having to deploy multiple servers. However, due to the limitations of x86 servers, they aren’t able to operate at capacity, resulting in huge inefficiencies across the infrastructure.
Virtualisation neatly sidesteps these limitations by creating a software-based — or virtual — representation of key systems like applications, servers, storage and networks. This enables organisations to run all these systems on a single server. As you might imagine, this is both easier for even busy IT teams to manage and significantly more cost-effective.
“Virtualization can increase IT agility, flexibility and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Greater workload mobility, increased performance and availability of resources, automated operations – they’re all benefits of virtualization.” VMware
What do VMware’s solutions look like in practice and how can organisations benefit?
VMware solutions for your digital business
Run any app, on any cloud, anywhere with a digital foundation built on VMware solutions:
- Future-ready technology — build business resilience into your organisation’s core with scalable, long-term solutions for a future-ready workforce, future-ready apps, and future-ready infrastructure.
- Flexibility and choice — drive complexity out of your technology and maintain more manageable systems with solutions engineered to give you the flexibility of choice.
- Proven partner for transformation — join more than 500,000 customers — including many of the world’s leading companies — who choose VMware to build, run, manage, connect and protect their apps.
And if you’re interested in harnessing these benefits but you’re not sure where to start, the team here at Q Associates is on hand. As a trusted VMware partner, we’re able to help you unlock the potential of VMware’s software, share VMware’s vision and own your path to the future.
“Without VMware, I don’t think that we would have the up-time or the reliability to be able to perform what we do at 40,000 feet on a global scale.” Paul Green, CIO.
Unlock VMware’s vision with Q Associates
As a VMware Partner of more than 10 years, we’ve helped organisations of all kinds to build core resiliency and the firm digital foundations they need to future-proof their operations. Our Datacentre Virtualisation Master Services Specialist certification is further evidence of our capabilities in helping even large enterprises with complex data requirements and infrastructures to streamline their systems and improve efficiencies through virtualisation.
We are engaged across the complete VMware software portfolio with a particular focus on the following areas:
- Applications — build, run, and manage all your apps across any cloud with application modernisation solutions and expert guidance from Q Associates and VMware.
- Cloud infrastructure — get consistent infrastructure and operations with VMware Hybrid Cloud Solutions to build and operate your hybrid environment with the same foundation you use today in your data centre.
- Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) — with a rich partner ecosystem and the broadest deployment options, VMware provides the only enterprise-proven, full HCI stack that puts you on the path to hybrid cloud.
- Q Associate’s VMware Expert Service — through a combination of personalised consultancy, VMware licence optimisation, health checks, active support and upgrade assessments, our VMware Expert Service offerings help our customers to unlock all the benefits of VMware’s virtual machine technology for themselves.
As an IT leader, you know the true value of an expert partner when it comes to getting the most from your technology investments. When using VMware to build your digital foundations, you’ll find that you’re in safe hands with Q Associates.
Our solution architects are fully VMware certified and our Master Services Competency accreditation shows we have the deepest expertise to identify and implement the right VMware solutions, helping ensure you obtain the outcome you desire in the timeframes you need.
Making the case for virtualisation? Click the image below to download our free guide for IT leaders and discover how to reduce costs, improve business continuity and boost efficiency.
Get In Touch
Contact Q Associates today if you have any questions or would like to discuss your IT requirements in more detail.
Tel: 01635 248181